Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Racing with Time

Remember that day?
We met in an open field, years ago
Walked hand in hand
Promised to never let go

Strumming under sunlight tender
Was dawn's freshest air
Caressing abundant green, Our hearts
Struck by boundless joy

Who were we? Where from? Our roots?
The past was a blur, really.
The present golden; Our dreams
Took flight into a future unknown

We walked, We sprinted
Panting for breathe,We ran...
Now! This moment, when our bodies are warm
Let's embrace in each others arm.

And I ran my fingers
Through the contours of your face
It felt like cold metal
How come I was numb?

The air was heavy
My chest hollow
My face chipped away
The limbs pulled down

Our wings clipped, roots strewn
The future was present;You, inanimate,
As I crumbled to dust,
The storm was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment